Keeping your device secure, whether it’s your PC, laptop, tablet or cell phone, is always a very wise choice. And because there’s a lot of input and output of information being shared on our phones on a day-to-day basis, the necessity to protect that data becomes an imperative one. That is why we’ve compiled the 5 best antivirus apps for your phone, to enhance your mobile experience. Here’s our top 5:
5. NORTON MOBILE SECURITY
The Norton products are among the biggest names in the Antivirus community, so it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that its mobile app ended up in our top 5.
The Norton app has the following features to offer:
- Antivirus: So you can continually scan and instantly remove unwanted and malicious files and software.
- Device Lock: To remotely lock your cell phone or tablet if it gets lost or stolen via SMS message.
- Scream Alarm: You can trigger it when you want to find your device.
- Device Location: If your battery gets really low, the app will automatically save your current location.
4. KASPERSKY MOBILE ANTIVIRUS
Another solution to keep your phone out of harm’s way is the Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus, or otherwise known as KAV. Although perhaps not as popular, it has proven to be a worthy competitor to the other apps mentioned in this article, and in terms of reviews and AV-Test stats, they’re competing head to head.
With the use of KAV you will be able to tackle almost every security and privacy issue you may be dealing with, with the help of these features:
- Background check, so you can scan for viruses and trojans.
- Antivirus protection, which automatically blocks and erases actual and potentially malicious software and/or files.
- Anti Phishing, to keep your financial and banking information tightly secure.
- Web Filter, to keep away from dangerous links and websites while surfing the net.
3. avg antivirus for android
Another big name in the Antivirus universe is AVG (short for AntiVirus Guard), which is actually owned by Avast since 2016. Although many of their offered services are very similar, there are slight variations, mainly with the features they offer to their premium users.
AVG for Android also has an impeccable record scoring almost perfect percentage in the AV test with a detection rate of Android malware in real-time of 99.9%, plus a perfect score of 100% for malware discovered in the last for weeks.
This app offers:
- Virus Protection: It scans apps, games, files, and websites to erase any malicious content.
- Wi-Fi scanner for network encryption.
- Power Save: To help you extend battery life by turning off the most battery-draining apps.
- A Cleaner to wipe unnecessary files and spam content.
- An Anti Theft feature to locate lost or stolen phones via Google Maps.
- App Lock: To block sensitive apps from prying eyes (Premium version).
- The Theftie feature that very discretely takes a picture of anyone trying to unlock your phone (Premium version).
2. avast mobile security
Avast is currently one of the most famous and solid Antivirus companies worldwide, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise the high praise its mobile version is receiving, and rightfully so because besides consistently scoring excellent stats on the AV test, the only difference between the free and premium version is that with the latter, adds are removed and some few features are added.
Scoring 99.9% in the detection of Android malware in real-time, and 100% for Android malware discovered in the last for weeks, Avast Mobile Security can boast about the following features:
- Antivirus scanning, which automatically analyses potential apps with malware.
- A Cleaner to remove junk files and boost your phone’s speed.
- Wi-Fi Security to scan Wi-Fi networks for threats.
- A Photo Vault to hide private any pictures (or selfies), so only you can access them.
- A Call Blocker to avoid getting unwanted calls.
1. trend micro mobile security and antivirus
With an impeccable 100% score of malware in real-time detection and 100% for malware discovered in the last four weeks, Trend Micro Mobile Security and Antivirus is undoubtedly our number one pick. The app provides an amazing set of tools that are certified to always keep your device safe and secure, which are the following:
- Security Scan: To protect your devices from malware, ransomware or phishing apps.
- Parental Control: So your children don’t stumble upon unwanted web content and apps.
- Pre-Install Scan: Detects apps in Google Play and sideloaded apps with possible malware content even before they’re installed.
- Just A Phone: Shuts down all unnecessary background apps so your device’s battery lasts longer.